Gantz (ガンツ, Gantsu) is a psychological science fiction action thriller manga written and drawn by Hiroya Oku, it was first published on July 13, 2000 . The manga is known for its graphic violence, sex, action and game like aspects. It brings a not always obvious depth to a series which at first glance might look like your average action packed, sex and fight filled seinen.
When Kei Kurono is killed, so he finds himself trapped in a game, a test of his abilities, morale and will to survive. His life is not his own, his death spat and trampled over and over again. What happens if he does not listen? God knows.
A word of warning: Gantz is not for the faint of heart, but it is not as simple as it seems. Gore, rape and violence is increasing, as are portraits of greed, violence and all the ugliness seen in today's society.
Phase 1 MissionsEdit
Phase 2 KatastropheEdit
Phase 3 InvasionEdit
Stand Alone ChaptersEdit
Gantz be embedded in the category: action, drama, ecchi, fiction, psychological, seinen, supernatural. As an Adult Manga it has scenes of violence with mutilations and of sex although not very explicit. Nudity is well present showing the entire body of the characters.
Progress of the SeriesEdit
Comment by Hiroya : Edit
- Kishimoto's death was not planned from the start. I thought of her just as a heroine who flourished a story. About a death of her, a part of the team said: "Are you sure that will kill it so soon?". But all was just part of improvisation when writing a plot. In the part where through a death of the Kato, it was virtually automatic too-die too.
- It was easy to imagine that this would become a common story of an alien monster dear from the start. So I brought with the alien Chives, as a character who can make the look of someone indifferent end up liking him and creating feelings against the Gantz room. Just the bullying and murder of a weak alien could not be a battle, so I created a stronger version of it, the great alien Onion. I wanted to make an original name, hence its name came to me "Alien Onion".
- Note from the assistant: Kikuchi wears glasses and has short bacaninha hair, and they have the habit of looking at a person with a sideways glance. He is impressed when he occasionally displays smug and triumphant expressions of purpose in a funny way. Does he look a bit like Hiroya in any way?
- If Kurono is a common high school student, Kato is my ideal high school student. I think I was influenced by John McClane from the Hard Knockout series. For example, Kato feels bad when he needs to fight against his will, as if to say "Why should I do this?", And he can actually do it. I was planning Kato's death from the start. I was also originally planning that "everyone besides Kurono would die in the middle of the story".
- Kurono is based on my personal view of ordinary high school students. It's a bit like a student who has a cynical outlook on society, if that gets me. It seems he was thought of as a nerd, but he's not the kind of guy who is too fanatic about something as much as the geeks are. I simply assumed that he is an average high school student. By the way, his cell phone ringtone is "Myth Komon".
|Media||Manga • Anime • Movies • Gantz: The Game • Light Novels|
|Story||Missions • Equipment • Hunters • Aliens • Story Arcs|